Its that feeling you get when you know the clouds are going to open up and pour. The sky looks dark and calm, like the ocean does before a storm at the beach.
This is what I was feeling yesterday morning as I set off running. Love this feeling and this type of weather. Running fast with the cool breeze and starting to feel tiny raindrops on your arms. So awesome, it really is.
This morning, I decided to do another hill workout and weights with a mile cool-down afterwards. Felt good, but the real test will be this weekend. I have a 15-K course planned out and need to make it a tempo run. I hope to get in a Bikram class as well this weekend to help loosen up my muscles and relieve some of the tension I still have in my lower back from falling on Monday.
Yay for great runs in the rain, hill workouts, and Bikram!
Happy Wednesday to everyone! The work day is almost over yay…… is it sad that I am this excited for the work day to be over?
Today has been fun filled and by fun filled I mean a mix of both great and not so great things. Let’s chit chat about the great things first. I like starting off with the happy things first and then shift into the not so great.
GREAT: I did Courtney’s “Feel The Burn” circuit workout and her “Insane Incline Run” this morning. Whoop whoop! I was in the mood for a new workout and Courtney’s blog, Sweet Tooth Sweet Life, has been a great resource, not to mention she is awesome! I really enjoyed this workout and have already posted it to my fridge door to use again. Any type of workout with hill is a good one!
NOT SO GREAT: As I was making my way out my door this morning I noticed our apartment floor was soaking wet and there were bubble everywhere. Not shocking at all, but idiot here put the wrong kind of soap in the dishwasher……now our apartment smells of grapefruit and we have a very clean floor. How did I fix this minor problem? I did what any other person would do….GOOGLE IT! Thank you Google for sharing your wise advice with me and helping me get rid of the massive amounts of bubbles.
GREAT: Enjoying a can of Blue Monkey coconut water for a 2pm fix and then a Starbucks tall skinny caramel frappachino with a Two Moms in the Raw blueberry granola bar. I was craving the sweets and my frap and raw granola bar really hit the spot. Yay for healthy snacks!
Thats it for now!
- This past weekend was so much fun and was complete with a trip to the waterfront’s fish market! We decided to buy two who red fish and cooked them up on Sunday night, talk about a new food experience.
- Here are the two recipes that we pulled from while fixing the fish, curtesy of FoodGawker.com of course! One from Cook and Be Merry and another from Tartelette.
- On Saturday, we had to hit up my favorite Busboys & Poets for brunch! I got scrambled eggs, vegan sausage, and fruit. Totally hit the spot as always.
- On Saturday night, we checked out Sushi Kushi and it was delicious! We got an assortment of small plates from the grill and rolls. Sushi Kushi presented a fantastic array of fresh sushi and unique concoctions ranging from small-batch sake to sea salt gellato. Yay for Sushi Kushi!
- Ok now back to Sunday……I got in somewhat of a longer run, but now really. I ran about 7, but need to make sure I am consistently bumping it up each weekend before the race.
- I had a Stella & Dot trunk show on Sunday, but it has been moved to another date and time due to the rainy weather. I was kind of disappointed at first, but everything happens for a reason and this way I will have gotten in the new Summer Collection!
- Speaking of weather, DC took a toll and it dropped about 20 degrees since last week. Sunday was cold and rainy and so was Monday. I didn’t mind the gross weather on Sunday though because it was perfect for a lazy Sunday.
- However, I did mind the rainy weather yesterday because as I was speed walking home I slipped and slammed my tail bone on the sidewalk…….. Hurt like hell and I even cried……luckily some nice people saw me fall and helped me back up.
- Wondering why I was in such a hurry? Last night, a couple of co-workers and myself helped out at Heart of America’s Charity in Chocolate fashion show. I had to get there early to help set up, hence the speed walking home in the rain. Note to self: I am never speed walking home in the rain again!
- This morning I am planning on a nice run, no gimmicks or speed intervals, just a flat pace for about 6 miles.
- I have got and I mean got to go to the grocery store today!
- Here is what I need
- chicken breast
- tilapia filets
- fuji apples
- dried apricots
- sweet potatoes
- sprouted grain bread
- sliced smoked turkey
- About two Nugo Bars (I have never tried them, but curious to see the difference between these and ThinkThin bars)
- Brussel sprouts
- frozen California blend vegetables
- frozen Blue Kale
- garbanzo beans
Phew I hope that is all that I am having to get at the store…..my bags are going to be heavy!
Happy Friday!! Yay for the weekend!