You know those times when you would rather sit on the couch than go exercise? How do you find motivation to exercise when you just don’t feel like getting off your tuckish? I ask myself this question every now and then (like earlier today), and I have the feeling I am not the only one….
There is an unlimited number of things you can do to motivate yourself and I would like to share my top motivational tips which I have found very helpful!
1. How I feel after a workout: No matter really what the workout incorporated, I always feel good afterwards (even if it was a crappy/slow run). I tell myself each time, “Think how good you will feel Katie”!
2. Personal Time: Workout time is me time. Time for reflection, time to push myself, and time to just be. It is important to make me time each and everyday.
3. Adrenaline Rush: The “high” afterwards is a rush and its awesome!
4. Blogs: I love reading other healthy living blogs and using some of their workout tips and ideas. It is fun to share with them that you did their workout or tweet #plankaday with the healthy living blog community.
5. A trail race: Having a race it probably one of the best motivators because you know you have an event that you want to do well at in a few weeks.
6. It’s Fun! Nuff said working out is a lot of fun!
7. BRAVO TV: There is always an episode to catch up on while running on the treadmill :)
What are your motivations?