This past weekend I learned a few things
- Sleep is very important
- I wear myself thin to the point I am very tired
- The paleo diet is not for me
- I love recovery smoothies after a workout
- I am going to make sure I incorporate more Bikram into my weekly workout schedule
- Gel-nails are so pretty
- The HBO TV show, Girls, is hilarious
- More blog posts are a most, maybe even a few vlogs
- I am going to give GU gels a shot
Now to go more in depth on these items:
- I have to get more sleep! Going to bed around midnight almost every night and then waking up at 5am is just not going to work anymore. I can do it, I can go on 5 hrs of sleep a night, but it will hit me and I know that. SO no mas! If I go to bed that late then no morning workout, I will move my workout to the evening hours and enjoy sleeping in a little while longer.
- The past two weekends before this one were non stop go go go. First, it was the North Face Endurance Challenge (loved it) and then I was in Chicago for mini vacation (best time ever)! Even though I had a great time, I never recovered and I needed to recover more from both occasions. Because I did not properly recover, I wound up losing my voice, feeling feverish/weak, and getting an upset stomach on Friday and Saturday. I took the very good advice to take it easy Friday night and all day Saturday and just watched The Girls all day yesterday and slept. I am so happy I did, because I woke up this morning feeling almost 100%.
- Ok so this is pretty silly, but I tried the paleo diet for about three days and it is not for me. A endurance athlete doing paleo? Crazy right? I had done the research, read a lot of blogs, etc etc… After following it for three days I found myself getting cramps in my feet at night and waking up super hungry. This could be one reason while I was more tired than usual this past week. Paleo may work for some endurance athletes, but not for me and that is A OK with me. I gave it a shot to test it out and got my results.
- I used to do recovery smoothies all the time and then stopped because I thought I was spending too much on protein powders. Well too too bad because it is hot as hell outside and nothing beats a good recovery smoothie after a workout!
- I think what is written above is enough of an explanation.
- On Friday I went to get a pedicure with a friend of mine and ended up getting gels! Love them and plan on getting gel nails from now on :)
- So as I sat/slept around yesterday, I caught up on The Girls and only have the season finale left, yay! The Girls is such a raw and funny show that I think probably hits every aspect of my age group in today’s world. This is honestly kind of sad to know that my generation is that much more advanced than previous generations.
- Time and time again, I say this, but this time it is happening. More blog posts to come!
- This week and I am going to try eating a GU Gel before my morning workouts instead of a peanut butter & banana sandwich. The goal is two folds a) more sleep time because it does not take as long to digest a GU Gel b) a lighter stomach while working out
I am excited about all these things I realized over the weekend and I am looking forward to wrapping up The Girls, seeing how the GU Gels work out, and getting more sleep!